DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Great! Looking forward to hearing what you found.

It is interesting as this is specifically called out in the Patch Notes as being fixed.

TGP. SLAVE behaves different for JDAM PP / TOO - fixed

It seems in FIXING this particular SLAVE issue, they created the new one :)

BTW: This is the thread I was referencing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275536

confirmed it does exactly as was posted. soon as TOO is pressed the target diamond goes off to some point in space (in my case 60 miles away). JSOWS still work though. odd. but "will be fixed".

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

The patch notes are just mere random ramblings that were written for the sake of being ignored.

Tldr: nope, nothing new under the sun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

ok so Stable and Beta are now compatible ?

They are not compatible, they are the exact same!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hope you didn't think I was being serious (hence the laughing emoji). I wrote this after reading every item in the incredibly long change log and marveling at the number of items that were introduced in this patch. I was incredibly happy to see many many of these updates and changes

i dont think either of the responses could be taken as serious either:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

confirmed it does exactly as was posted. soon as TOO is pressed the target diamond goes off to some point in space (in my case 60 miles away). JSOWS still work though. odd. but "will be fixed".

Odd, I had similar issues with JSOW. Not the Phantom target diamond, but once I dropped 2 JSOW in TOO mode, I couldn't get the TPOD back to a state where VVSLV was enabled nor could I get it to snap to another Designated WP from either Boresight or STOWED position.

Momma Mia!! What an update!

Time to delete OB and install stable. biggrin.gif

Why? They are the exact same thing now!

Even then you could just use the updater tool to switch it to Stable which happens in no time due to the version parity. No need to juggle the installs around. Just eats time unnecessarily you could spend flying instead. And once you have used that tool, it's easy to switch to another Open Beta version if needed anytime.

On a side note, with multiple installations, the files of the others are being checked. So if you've got a Dec 19 Stable installed and the most recent OB, don't delete the OB before updating the Stable. Updating the Stable will fetch files from that OB install which also saves time.

Hey ED,

with my 16 MBPS connection, it took me 4 hrs. 45 mins. to download the Stable 2.5.6 update (18.7 GB).

Kindly correct the DL speed ED.

Thanks.

You can't blame ED for your slow connection. Especially, when so many are downloading at the same time. It took me 45 min to get it.

That's around 1.1MB/s there, wouldn't call that too bad (theoretical maximum is 2MB/s there, I never had that when I was on a 16MBit/s, usually got ~1.4MB/s max out of that). I often get less when upping my DCS behind a 100MBit/s conn, sometimes even less than 100KB/s.

Downloading on release day always hits the rates BTW.

I just realized you only downloaded the update. I downloaded the whole stable download. 78GB in less than an hour.

Our definition of a fast connection is not the same.

OK, with such a fast connection, time doesn't matter that much anymore twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hey ED,

with my 16 MBPS connection, it took me 4 hrs. 45 mins. to download the Stable 2.5.6 update (18.7 GB).

Kindly correct the DL speed ED.

Thanks.

One thing people really need to understand is, that by design, the TCP/IP protocol was invented to prevent loss of data, not necessarily fast data transfers... It largely depends on your overall connection to the nearest CDN site, having the download available. That alone usually involves more than one network provider, at minimum yours and the CDN provider's... It's like asking Amazon to buy faster cars for parcel delivery to fix the delays by commute traffic jams or trying to use a detour.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

One thing people really need to understand is, that by design, the TCP/IP protocol was invented to prevent loss of data, not necessarily fast data transfers... It largely depends on your overall connection to the nearest CDN site, having the download available. That alone usually involves more than one network provider, at minimum yours and the CDN provider's... It's like asking Amazon to buy faster cars for parcel delivery to fix the delays by commute traffic jams or trying to use a detour.

Your point is valid, but did apolloace really use Steam (which would then be not EDs "fault" at all) or did he use non-torrent?

Because if he - like I suspect the majority here - uses normal updater without switching to http-mode, then I'd say torrent uses preferedly UDP.

But TCP got some nice additions to make it very suitable for high speed data transfers over the years.

All the best,

Deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Probably mentioned before but the forum name now needs to be updated form 2.5 to 2.6

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Probably mentioned before but the forum name now needs to be updated form 2.5 to 2.6

We are only on 2.5.6 not 2.6

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

With the nice weather outside I've been staying away from the forums and announcements lately. However, 4 new Hornet videos on Mr. Wagner's yt channel in the last 12 hours and P47 + Channel Map heaven flooding the media ;) made me question myself: are we getting a patch today?

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the nice weather outside I've been staying away from the forums and announcements lately. However, 4 new Hornet videos on Mr. Wagner's yt channel in the last 12 hours and P47 + Channel Map heaven flooding the media ;) made me question myself: are we getting a patch today?

Are you doubting it? Been promised for a couple of weeks now.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Stop spamming the update server, I need it ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@BIGNEWY

will we then have Huey Multi-Crew? It wasn't mentioned at all since the latest info updated. We somewhat have expected it to be available yesterday...any chance we´ll get it on June 3rd?

Any Infos on that @BIGNEWY?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Early access P-47D today? All the youtubers going wild in the Press release. Or in the weekend. :D

Any combo deal with the Chanel map? :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

There would be patch for today? I remember some commnitacion about F-18 radar would be ready for june3th

Yeah, in the Hornet Mini-update-thread the release of several TGP-updates was announced for today.