If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)

dimitri18

If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)  

473 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)

• Northern Central Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark)
    • Southern Europe (Northern Italy, Southern France, North Eastern Spain)
    • Korea
    • Vietnam
    • Southern Africa
    • South America

Korea during Korean war era:

We have both iconic aircraft from both the US and Soviet Union in DCS,

The Korean peninsula is pretty small, you could fit most of it on a DCS map. 

Korea was pretty underdeveloped during this time period so not a whole lot of power consuming assets like large cities and airports. 

Hilly and mountainous terrain which makes for fun flying. 

A portion of korea era US units could be ported over from WW2, further saving time and money.

You could even do carrier ops since there's water on 3 sides and like the other maps, you can fly beyond the map borders, it's just low poly and low poly water basically looks the same as on-map water.

We have a Over the Yalu campaign and it's not even set in a proper korean map. It's in the caucus. 

Edited by WelshZeCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Cold War Northern/Central Germany Map gets my number 1 spot.

• Pretty much the perfect Cold War map for USSR vs NATO - if the Cold War were to go hot, this would've been the place. Its also suitable for early, mid and late stages of the Cold War.
  • It's one of the few areas where there are both BLUFOR and REDFOR airbases present, and lots of them too. We've already got a decent selection of aircraft with the skins for airbases present; A-10A/C (Spangdahlem), F-16CM (Spangdahlem), MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis (Preschen), MiG-29S (Damgarten), the Mirage 2000C and Viggen aren't too far away either and there's  a tonne of potential, future aircraft. It's also perfect for some hotly requested and in progress aircraft, such as the Typhoon (Luftwaffe), Tornado IDS (for both Luftwaffe and RAF). The F-111 would also go well here, even if it wasn't historically based (think Red Storm Rising).
  • Lots of vehicles (particularly for the USSR and GDR) are already present, including the majority of REDFOR air defences (with the correct variants for the era) we're not missing a whole lot (apart from the SA-4 and SA-5), though EW/surveillance RADARs and other battery components are lacking.
  • If the map is set-up right, there's even enough water to the north to do some naval stuff (though predominantly amphibious, though you could squeeze a carrier there).
  • One of the main settings of Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising, providing a great resource to base missions around.
  • Finally a more modern European theatre, and a modern map whose predominant colour isn't a light brown desert.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, МаксиM said:

you can add the east of Ukraine and part of Russia POSSIBLE to connect with the Caucasus as an option)) the Su-27/25, Mi-8/24, and others would fit perfectly there

I agree. I would like to see the Black see slowly finished: Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine. This will obviously take time a long time, but it's worth it. Given the recent real-life incidents in the Black Sea and the constant tensions in the region, it will make for some realistic scenarios. 

• Like 4

Norway

Well, Scandinavia... including NW Russia and N Scotland 

Big map, but a great basis for:

- Cold War era. Great for blue and red air, sea, amphibious ops.  Falklands era RN assets would be perfect

- WW2.  Brilliant for Mossie coastal strikes (and DCS Beaufighter module) Also great for 109 / 190 air defence and (flyable) Ju-88 arctic convoy strikes

- modern / future era. Still a major NATO exercise area..

EF2000 used Scandinavia, and the terrain was brilliant for low level strike, with all the deep fjords and mountain ranges

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

I'll choose Northern Central Europe

• Like 3

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Cold war europe map would be very awesome in my opinion. I don't really know exactly where it would be located but in any case, the upcomming mig 29, mig 23 and mi24 modules would be perfect (without even mentioning the mig 19, mig 21, mi/8). The red side would almost be totally complete.

For the blue side though, I admit it ain't perfect. 

Edited by notproplayer3
  • Like 4

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

51 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

Cold war europe map would be very awesome in my opinion. I don't really know exactly where it would be located but in any case, the upcomming mig 29, mig 23 and mi24 modules would be perfect (without even mentioning the mig 19, mig 21, mi/8). The red side would almost be totally complete.

For the blue side though, I admit it ain't perfect. 

Personally I say northern/central Germany - not only was it the Cold War hot spot between USSR/GDR and NATO, but there's such a large number of both BLUFOR and REDFOR airbases, in fairly significant quantity too, housing aircraft we already have liveries for (A-10A/C have a Spangdahlem livery, as does the F-16CM, MiG-15bis has a GDR and USSR livery, as does the MiG-19P, MiG-21bis has a Preschen AB GDR livery, MiG-29S has a USSR Damgarten livery, I'm sure there are numerous others.

We have a pretty comprehensive set of REDFOR assets, including air defences already (just missing battery components, the SA-4, SA-5 and SA-7). There are however plenty of assets that could be added on both sides, (particularly for the 60s and 70s) but right now I'd say there's a decent enough set to work with, at least for the mid 1980s.

Cold War BLUFOR however is the Achilles heal here, with their being very little actually based on the map, for the period; regardless, such a map could be made appropriate for Cold War up to modern day (Typhoons and Tornadoes are based on the map).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

10 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally I say northern/central Germany - not only was it the Cold War hot spot between USSR/GDR and NATO, but there's such a large number of both BLUFOR and REDFOR airbases, in fairly significant quantity too, housing aircraft we already have liveries for (A-10A/C have a Spangdahlem livery, as does the F-16CM, MiG-15bis has a GDR and USSR livery, as does the MiG-19P, MiG-21bis has a Preschen AB GDR livery, MiG-29S has a USSR Damgarten livery, I'm sure there are numerous others.

I agree with you, plus it is nice already having those liveries you mentioned. Interesting stuff, thanks teaching me something new.

• Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 2 months later...

South China Sea so @baltic_dragon can do a campaign from Fight Fight (third book in Kevin Miller's Raven One series)!  

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Right now i don't really have a favorite map but if a Vietnam map were to be added it would defiantly be my top favorite. It would also motivate me to play more online to do a few strike sorties from a carrier every now and again. With the A-7 Corsair II coming it would be a great scenario for it. Plus the Huey was more heavily used in Vietnam than any other conflict that I am aware of. So it would be a hit among Huey pilots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evoman said:

Right now i don't really have a favorite map but if a Vietnam map were to be added it would defiantly be my top favorite. It would also motivate me to play more online to do a few strike sorties from a carrier every now and again. With the A-7 Corsair II coming it would be a great scenario for it. Plus the Huey was more heavily used in Vietnam than any other conflict that I am aware of. So it would be a hit among Huey pilots.

Dont forget an F-8 Crusader to go with that map, please.

• Like 3

East/West Germany.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, vvm13 said:

Afghanistan. Iraq. Ukraine and Crimea. Taiwan. Libya. Somalia. Cuba. Kuril Islands + Japan (including Okinawa). Solomon islands. Philippines.

I'm definitely all for the ones I've highlighted & underlined👌

11 hours ago, cordite said:

Not enough deserts, we still need Afghanistan. Which is more than just a desert.

I mean, apart from WWII maps, all of the paid maps are deserts or heavily feature deserts.

• Like 1

System: