DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Maybe unrelated - but helped with a similar problem.

Try to change the line "maxfps = 180" in the graphics.lua to "maxfps = false". That solved a lot of problems for me...

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

The new SA-6 modell looks so awesome.

But: What is this?

Beer_Bomb.jpg

• Like 2

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a fantastic update ! Thank you ED!!!

I did some benchmarking against tests I did yesterday and I'm seeing zero performance/FPS degradation with identical settings and an 8-10% increase in GPU utilisation.

In VR (G2), the clouds are fantastic. I can see the vertical shimmering on distant ones but it's so slight that I only notice if I'm looking for it. The real treat though is the lighting effect the clouds are having on the terrain. Syria in particular is just stunning.

Also love the sound enhancements to the Hornet. The rattling of the wheels on the Supercarrier catapult took me by surprise.

Great Job ED !

• Like 2

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

50 minutes ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

But: What is this?

Beer_Bomb.jpg

Whiskey barrel. Advance one.... Ready to be dropped to men in trouble.  

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

14 minutes ago, hanab said:

This 2.7 patch looks very good. For players who don’t have enough space on her SSD for OB, I hope that ED can update stable in few days !

You don't need more space to switch to OB. Stable definitely won't come in a few days.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Ello. Awesome 2.7 update! Good Job EDs!

Some other little things that bother me, not related to clouds.

(1)

No more access to db_countries.lua ? The file is encrypted now... why? 

I had my own mod for slower experience progres with ranks and better looking medals for Poland.

I can however change medals graphics - thank you for that, 'cos those medals that was add just look terrible.

No access to names - all are incorrect.

Polish medals levels/progression is incorrect.

(2)

No more scores in event list in de-briefing window after mission.

I use those actually. Why those was removed? Total score is still there, why no score at the event list?

Edited by Glow

Well, I just tested the 2.7 for an hour. Result: I'm really happy with the result. Bravo ED for the work, it was worth the wait!
For the clouds it's clear that it gives a nice environment without massive fps loss, which everyone was a bit afraid of.
Some improved unit models, I think of the SA-6 and the BTR-80. Error seen from the Reco instructor, the SA-6 radar. ED calls this the "Long Track".
The "Long Track" is a completely different radar (not modelled in DCS). The correct NATO name for the SA-6 radar is "Straight Flush".
Effects on destroyed vehicles are indeed improved, it's now a beautiful blaze...too bad the smoke column is still far too limited. This will undoubtedly be reworked by the community with a future mod.
It feels like rediscovering DCS... Advances like this are just what we need!

• Like 1

Some initial 2.7 feedback from a VR user (Oculus Quest 2). Overall great job ED! performance has clearly improved for VR. It seems like you have incorporated some sort of VR rendering change similar to the VR shader mod. I personally never got on with this mod visually, but it did add performance. Its is great that we now have a "proper" version and its all a win as far as I can see.

Clouds look good, I have seen the reports of them looking soft to people, I think I see what they mean but this may be a bit more subjective. Perhaps some refining for the future but I can enjoy them as they are. They do jitter, I know you are on it. The clouds certainly seem to have little impact on fps.

The only negative I have see is the lighting. Not sure if this has been raised elsewhere but the lighting in the cockpit doesn't look as good as previously. In 2.5 I couldn't have the shadows off as the cockpits seemed to unnaturally glow in the footwells and around the control column, switches etc. I used to use low which stopped this with the minimum performance impact. I now see this glow on all shadow settings and seems a step back in term of realism. In the f18 its almost as if there are lights underneath the seat and side panels. This lighting feedback might be another subjective area and maybe others disagree.

Terrain shadows seem much improved. I could only ever use flat previously as they would flicker in VR and I found that off putting. From what I can see this is now fixed and they look much better and I'm glad to be able to use them.

4 minutes ago, VDV said:

Well, nobody helped me with my problem? ED? I cant play the game which i paid for? thanks, great user support....

This is a user forum. If you want technical support from ED, then raise a ticket.

• Like 3

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Another oddity.  I had 3 .trk files I've always used as playback when applying graphics changes.

Each involved low level flying. Now when playing back using the replay function, each will eventually crash (the air craft not the sim). It's like ground level has been elevated 100 feet or so from when the files were created.

🙂  

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, VDV said:

Well, nobody helped me with my problem? ED? I cant play the game which i paid for? thanks, great user support....

I spend all day helping people I try to get around as many as I can, if you want technical support post in the bugs section 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/253-bugs-and-problems/

or contact support directly 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thanks

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, Hiob said:

Have you done the usual troubleshooting? Latest drivers and so on? Settings?

Because the majority of experiences (including my own) seem to be performance gains (w/o clouds) and only neglectable to minor performance hits with different cloud settings.

I'm only talking non-VR here - since I don't use/own VR. I'm using TrackIR too.

Hi.

Thx for the tip. I found the problem.  When I load the game, its ok and stays at 60+fps until I get too close to the ground. But once I tab out of the game and back in, fps go down to 48 which also feels very stuttery. I now found out, that after tabbing-into the game again, I need to press Alt-Enter to make it fullscreen again, and then its ok again. I first thought the Radeon-driver (or Radeon-Chill) could cause this, but disabling Radeon-Chill did not change the tab-out-situation, only Alt-Enter did.

Still to me it feels performance has dropped, which could be maybe due to added visible features. The 6700Xt should be about 20% faster then my previous 2070Super, but that dont feel like it. 2.7 with the 6700XT feels slower than 2,5 with the 2070S. Only clear difference (from 2070S) is on the SC, where the stutters have gone with the 6700XT, which actually is a CPU-bound scenario. This could prove some of the tech-talk, that the Radeon need less CPU.

Overall Im moderatly happy with the update. The clouds look nice, but dont "behave" as I usually seem them behave. But I guess, with the correct cloud-settings I could overcome this. But then again Im not a real pilot that sees Straocumulus from above.

And I have constant crashes. I guess every third misson or so. Always on loading the progress-bar just stops and I need to close the game via task-manager. Already sent a few crashreports.....

But overall of course visible progress with a game thats getting better and better. 

Edited by Wali763

33 minutes ago, VDV said:

Try using the DCS executable instead of the updater .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

7 minutes ago, Svsmokey said:

With the last update one month I ago, I also could not acces DCS for a while. Had to look for the updater.exe in the temp-files and use that one, since the updater.exe in the bin-folder had 0KB.  Then it worked. But right now I cant find it. The updater.exe is also for download on the DCS-page somewhere....

Edited by Wali763

3 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

I believe that's from Operation Fuller's, where they dropped English beer over German lines in an attempt to reduce morale among the Wehrmacht.

Oh please!

English beer isn't that bad.

😄

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Wali763 said:

Hi.

Thx for the tip. I found the problem. Im using Radeon-chill, which limits the fps to max of 60 because of TrackIR. When I load the game, its ok and stays at 60 until I get too close to the ground. But once I tab out of the game and back in, fps go down to 48 which also feels very stuttery. So, right now, the only solution is to not tab out of the game (for Discord, Afterburner, SRS etc)

after alt-tabbing you‘re probably in windowed mode.

Alt-Enter should bring you back to fullscreen and 60 Hz.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"